Sunday, February 28, 2016

World of 7 Billion

Recently, my Digital Citizenship class touched on the growing world population issue. We entered a national competition on increasing awareness of the problem through the World of 7 Billion website. Our task was to create a one minute video that discussed an issue related to either deforestation, public health, or water safety, all topics that are effected by increased human population. Our parameters were: to use copyright free video/images to create an informative video that would show how our selected topic was being effected by population growth, as well as come up with a solution to the problem. 
My peers and I were given only three days in and out of class to create this video, a shorter time span that the Service Via Video project I have discussed in previous blogs. However, we were able to create a much stronger video due to our experiences in iMovie. After just one review session in class, I felt that my peers and I had finally mastered the art of RESPONSIBLE video creation. 
Personally, this video hit home for me. My father is an employee at a local power company, so I understand many of the issues that are related to public health from the perspective of resource depletion. I very much enjoyed the video and I hope that the judges from worldof7billion.org agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment