Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Surviving the SnowStorm

Now that the "blizzard" of the Southeast is melted and gone, it is time to get back to my Service Via Video project. Cole, my partner, and I have met with the Turn Two For Youth director, Vince. I videoed the encounter as Cole picked up the empty equipment bins and banners from the TTFY warehouse. The goal of our project is to increase the awareness of the Ambassador Program within the TTFY organization. Therefore, it is my job to come alongside Cole and keep a video record of his actions as Junior Ambassador so that I can compile an informative video that other prospective Junior Ambassadors can watch. 
For our video, I will be interviewing not only Cole and Vince, but two other local Junior Ambassadors. This way, I can share the story of multiple volunteers in my video, giving the audience a more wholistic idea of the responsibilities that a Junior Ambassador has. Special thanks to John and Will for agreeing to interview with me. The farther I push in this assignment, the more connections I am making within my own community. 
Lastly, an update on my Passion Project. I have currently identified around 10 common issues that my student peers run into on a monthly basis. It is annoying that they have to deal with simple malfunctions when, with the proper knowledge and skill, can be fixed within minutes. Some issues deal with iCloud back up, while others deal with school-sponsored apps such as Schoology and Self-Service. I am creating solutions for these 10 issues and will continue to keep you updated with my progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment